FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FEB.18TH, 2016
OPERA AUDITIONS – THE SEVENTH SEAL
The International Brazilian Opera (IBOC) is pleased to announce the first round of auditions for “The Seventh Seal” – Act 1 Concert Preview.
Concerts will be presented in Manhattan in the second week of November 2016. There may be additional performances in late October 2016.
IBOC resident composer João MacDowell is currently developing “The Seventh Seal” an opera, with text by the late Swedish film director Ingmar Bergman. Repertoire will be in Swedish.
ATTENTION: Due to high demand we are opening one more day of auditions on April 2nd. 1:40 to 7:00pm
Please contact us to book your slot. We are especially interested in listening to tenors and baritones.
Location: Upper West Side, Manhattan, NYC. A pianist will be provided.
How to audition:
1. Select 1 short piece of a standard repertoire of your choice
2. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
3. Completed application form: IBOC Application Form – 2016
4. Three preferred dates/times for your audition, in 1-hour slots (you will have 15 minutes to audition).
5. Resume and Headshot
6. Submit USD $30.00 for your audition fee via our Donation button on the Support Page .
Principal roles will be compensated.
- Seeking new expression in contemporary performance.
We are also inviting singers who may be interested in free Portuguese and Vocal Training to be part of our Volunteer Chorus. If you know anyone that might be interested, please share this announcement.